Benefits for staff
Bolton Council is rated one of the best local government employers in the UK
Staff satisfaction here is around 18% higher than the national average. And with exciting career opportunities, clear progression routes and a flexible working environment, it’s clear to see why.
Generous annual leave entitlement depending on length of service and contractual hours, plus bank holidays.
Help with Travelling to Work
Car Parking Passes. Opportunity to purchase a parking space within the Town Centre at a preferential rate.
Car Lease and Cycle to Work Schemes. Employees can choose to use some of their salary before it’s taxed, in exchange for the use of a brand new car or bicycle.
- We acknowledge the commitment of our staff in providing an excellent service. After 5 years local government service you will receive an additional 3 days annual leave entitlement.
- We recognise the achievement of 25 and 40 years long service. We reward our staff with long service with a gift when they retire.
- Every year we hold the Bolton’s Best Awards to celebrate and reward individuals, teams and projects for the excellent work they do to improve the quality of life for everyone in the Bolton family.
Health and Wellbeing
- Your mental and physical wellbeing is a top priority for us. Through our employee support services, assistance programmes and wellbeing interventions, we help to look after your health and wellbeing.
Work Life Balance
- We have job opportunities which include part time working. We also encourage flexible working, through our flexitime scheme and hybrid arrangements where possible.
- We have a range of ways to support staff with family life, including parental leave, carers leave and emergency leave, as well as Maternity Leave, Paternity Leave and Adoption Leave. Staff can also make an application for flexible working, career breaks or a sabbatical
Training and Development
- We provide opportunities to develop your career through our training programmes, extensive online learning courses and apprenticeship opportunities.
- Our personal development review process, Insight Exchange, supports your ongoing development in your role.
Rewards, Benefits and Discounts
- We want to thank our employees for their hard work and commitment by giving them access to a range of exclusive rewards and benefits including gym membership discounts, access to benefits platforms and discounts from local businesses.
- As an employee you will be able to enrol in a pension scheme. Benefits include tax relief on the contributions you pay, the option to exchange part of your pension for a tax free cash lump sum at retirement, and immediate valuable lump sum life cover.
- You can also pay Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) through our salary sacrifice scheme.